Monday, February 25, 2008

Sound: #26: Making (or listening to) Music Together

As the mother of a daughter whose dream is to have a recording studio in her bedroom, I really enjoyed looking around at some of these music sites.
I added Qloud to my Facebook page which was simple to do.
We tried to create a song using JamStudio and although it was a cool site I wasn't happy enough with my creations to save or share them. My daughter would say I was being perfectionist but I think JamStudio isn't sophisticated enough to do what I wanted it to do even though what I wanted it to do didn't seem that sophisticated to me. So overall I was disappointed with JamStudio.
Splice was much more sophisticated and the Youtube video that shows you the basics on using Splice really helps. Spent much time here! Signed up for a free account and uploaded two songs that my daughter recorded of herself playing the piano. The songs were her own creations, too. We are working on adding effects and remixing the songs. Now she's being the perfectionist!

No comments: