Friday, November 16, 2007

Week 9: #21 Podcasts, Smodcasts!

Explored with all three of the podcast directories and PodcastAlley was my favorite of the three but the way I've found all of the podcasts I subscribed to already, before this exercise, was through the organization's website. For example, National Public Radio was where I went to subscribe to StoryCorps. At recording booths across America, everyday people interview one another about their lives. StoryCorps creator Dave Isay showcases these first-person stories in this weekly podcast. StoryCorps airs Fridays on NPR's Morning Edition. They are a quick listen. I found some library podcasts but none of them posted on what I would consider a regular enough basis to consider subscribing to them. I looked at the list of the top 50 podcasts on PodcastAlley and didn't find much of anything worth listening to. I found some neat podcasts in German which my daughter and her German teacher might be interested in so I created a list of about 6 or 7 of them and emailed the web addresses to them. For now though I am off to go read my book club book, Love in the Time of Cholera.

No comments: