Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Week 8: #18 Social Networking: Making friends in the comfort of your own home

Social Networking is nothing new in our house since I have two teenage daughters I am a routine visitor to my daughters' MySpace pages and one of them has a Facebook page as well. I also created a Xanga page while in school pursuing my Masters' degree. I liked Xanga but I didn't keep up with the page after graduation. Alittle like this blog, I am wondering if I will keep it up after the exercises are completed. Maybe there could be some sort of exercises post Dec 21st that would be just for fun that might keep everyone blogging? I know I will miss reading the blogs of some of my talented co-workers.

I looked at Rate My Space on the HGTV site and enjoyed looking around there for a few minutes turned into hours and I loved Dogter: the dog lovers community.

I liked the Social Networking in Plain English Youtube video however I just don't think I am that interesting of a person to attract all those "people" to my network.

I took the tour of Facebook as well because I am not as familiar with Facebook as I am with MySpace and Xanga.

I was unable to acces the Newsweek article on the growth of Facebook but in my search for it I did find a rather interesting article on the 25 Hottest Schools which was of interest to me as a parent of a high school junior.

Not really sure why I would want a social networking site and a blog? so I didn't sign up for a social networking site.

No comments: