Monday, November 26, 2007

Week 10: #23 Is this really the end? Or just the beginning...

I have enjoyed learning about all the Web 2.0 tools that we have checked out the past few weeks.

Week 1 #1 - I enjoyed the iHCPL blog and I appreciate all the effort that went in to creating it!
Week 1 #2 - the motivational slide show which we used to discover some pointers on nurturing your own learning process again was some helpful stuff.
Week 2 #3 - Setting up my blog - though I have blogged before I am glad I had an excuse to do it again and this time I think I'll keep up with it though I don't have the readership of The Shifted Librarian but one can hope.
Week 2 #4 - Internet Safety - I still have nightmares about Sarah being my daughter!
Week 3 #5 - Flickr - the best place to obtain photos though I will not continue to post my own to Flickr but will continue to use Kodak Gallery.
Week 3 #6 - Unless of course I want to do something fun with my photos and a mashup.
Week 3 #7 - Going to use Picnik to create our Christmas cards this year.
Week 4 #8 - I am addicted to keeping my Bloglines account current even if it's the mystery bold entry for no reason? Does anyone have any idea why this happens? A feed in bloglines will appear bold and any number from (1) to (2oo) as new items when in fact there are no new entries?
Week 4 #9 - I currently have 45 feeds in my Bloglines account. I have only met the Bloglines Plumber twice! Have you met him?
Week 5 #10 - Online image generators - I was crushed when my own mother told me the only one that looked even remotely like me was the weeble version :(
Week 5 #11 - Library Thing - though I have more entered in my catalog I am still a long way from having all my books entered. I would still like to one day get every book I owe entered so I know what I have.
Week 5 #12 - Library Elf - A pleasant surprise - I thought this would be redunant and unnecessary however I have really grown to like receiving my emails from Library Elf. They are so much easier to read and see my entire account at a glance rather than just what's due.
Week 6 #13 - I absolutly love my Del.icio.us account and can leave home without it because I can call it up from any computer!
Week 6 #14 - Technorati - I think I've learned enough about how to use it to be able to help a patron use it to search for blogs they may be interested in but I won't be searching for new blogs to read. It is all I can do to keep up with the ones I read now.
Week 6 #15 - Web 2.0, Library 2.0 - I will continue to educate myself about Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 via NextSpace, OCLC's magazine.
Week 7 #16 - a great place to start when you Don't Know Much About Anything
Week 7 #17 - What timing! Ironic that we were to blog about technology the week the system crashes!
Week 8 #18 - I've had a MySpace and now a Facebook - I personnaly have no use for it but would definetly like to develop a MySpace and Facebook for our library just to see what impact it might have with our patrons.
Week 8 #19 - Again something if given a chance I would love to show any patron who might need such a tool or if I am ever colaberating with others on a document (a family history situation comes to mind) I would use this service otherwise as much as I'd like to free myself from Bill Gates I'll stick with my Microsoft software.
Week 9 #20 - YouTube - somewhat a viewer veteran to YouTube though I have never posted a video to the site but I realize it is new for many who probably don't have resident teenagers in their household. On Tuesday, November 6, YouTube founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen appeaered on The Oprah Winfrey Show so the word is spreading.
Week 9 #21 - Podcasts are for those days when it is really slow as I usually don't have time for all this but now that I've added StoryCorps to my Bloglinges account and I'm obsessed with keeping it current my days are getting longer and longer (it's almost midnight now...)
Week 9 #22 - Overdrive is probably my favorite Library 2.0 tool (del.icio.us my favorite web 2.0 tool) I look forward to the opportunity to turn as many people as possible on it. Aren't you tired of wasting your commute? Might as well be listening to a audiobook on your mp3 player.
Week 10 #23 - There you have it My Summary!

No comments: