Wednesday, June 2, 2010

You Oughta Be in Pictures #90: Sharing Photos

The video was alittle short, I was expecting more information? But I like TopTenReviews slogan, "We do the research, so you don't have to." I'll keep them in mind as a potential source for reference questions. I have heard of and am alittle familiar with 4 of the ten sites mentioned in the TopTenReviews article, Photo Sharing Services Review; Photobucket, Flickr, Webshots, and Kodak Gallery. Where's Snapfish? When it comes to online photo sharing services I use Kodak Gallery most often. I have a Facebook account though I don't use it as a photo sharing service.
The most important feature when it comes to sharing my photos is the issue of privacy. As I said in my exercise #89, I primarily don't use an online service. I might upload some photos to Kodak so I can order prints and share the album with friends and family, but I don't look for it to be there for long term storage. I store my photos on my computer using the Creative Memories software Memory Manager. I don't take the kind of photos that anyone else would want to use so copyright/creative commons options are not important to me.

Picture used in this post from http://www.old-picture.com/united-states-history-1900s---1930s/Sharing.htm

No comments: