Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Searching #77: Images


Using AllFreeClipArt was just an exercise in patience as far as I was concerned. I never found a color Santa that didn't look like a troll but I could have guessed this from the very first page. My father always said you get what you pay for. In this case if your not willing to pay for your santa it is going to look like a troll.

Now reading the article “10 Places to Find Free Images Online” was much more helpful. I especially liked the simply straight forward definitions for Public Domain images, Right Protected images, and Royalty free images. Two of the sites I checked out from his list of 10 were moregueFile (come on, just the name got my attention) and Flickr.com.

Flickr - I chose this one because I have a Flickr account that I haven't used in awhile so I wanted to familiarize myself with Flickr again as well as gain a better understanding about using others photos from this source and others potentially using my photos from Flickr (not that they'd really want to my pictures are just your run of the mill type stuff nothing like those raspberries on the the home page of morgueFile that currently have my stomach growling).
MorgueFile - Again I choose to explore this one because of the name and believe me none of these photos are ready for the grave. They are top quality, high resolution, digital photos. Again you must check out the incredible photo of raspberries at http://mrg.bz/A1d1uz

I have used the clip art program for HCPL use. The illustration I picked to use for this blog entry came from the HCPL subscription with clipart.com.
Image credit: item #33371746 from clipart.com school edition. http://downloads.clipart.com/33371746.jpg?t=1265828881&h=bc65729c8edefd45ea518a9647099fc8

No comments: