Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Searching #76: Sound Effects



Ok, so when I think of animal sounds I think of the little people animal farm from when I was a kid and every time you opened the barn door a cow would say Moo!



Using FindSounds I found the following animal sounds:
A Dog Barking (a sound I actually am missing these days...)
A Whale
and A Dolphin

While in library school we made a presentation that had to have sounds effects in it and I remember searching for them and finding some really great ones but these two search engines for sounds would have made it easy work.
Using Simply the Best Sounds site, I found:
The sound of an airplane flying past (another sound I miss)
a sound from the "archive", a typewriter
and the ever popular drum roll...

There were some really great sounds that weren't in the public domain, actually the copyright said "unknown" but you might want to go listen. Search pacman and McEnroe.

No comments: