Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Genealogy #69: Database Researching


Since I have an Ancestry account I already know what I'll find there so I conducted a Heritage Quest search instead. I spent quite some time searching around Heritage Quests' Search Books feature and found two wonderful books on a branch of my family's very distant history. I also was able to view the book of Salem county New Jersey Marriage records and found a surname listed in the book several times from another branch of my family. One of the nicest features of Heritage Quest was when I found something I wanted to keep, I put it in my notebook, and then was able to email the contents of my notebook to myself. This was a very nice feature. One of the jobs I'd like to do one day is be someone who scans in these documents for publishing on the web. I think that would be a very neat job.

No comments: