Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Crafts & Hobbies #62: Decoupage

Decoupage is one of those crafts that goes why back. I can remember decoupaging pictures we cut out of magazines or books onto pieces of wood that we then covered with mod podge, added a hook and it was ready to hang. I remember making one in particular with a picture of Holly Hobbie on it for my room. Though that was over 30 years ago I have decoupaged in more recent times. I remember one time I decided to decoupage a notebook for everyone in my group of almost 30 ladies and I bought a new product I'd never used before and it never dried? It was a sticky mess that never worked out and I ended up throwing all 30 notebooks away. I never told that ladies in my group either, hope none of them are reading this now. Most recently I've made decoupaged clipboards and composition notebooks. They make great gifts for teachers and teenage girls that like to keep journals. If you purchase the right kind of pen you can make matching pens by wrapping a small strip of the same paper you used to cover the clipboard or composition book, around the ink inside the pen and reassemble the pen and you have a nice matching pen.

I loved the poster chairs mentioned in the iHCPL blog! Another site to look at for ideas is Split Coast Stampers.

No comments: