Thursday, May 15, 2008

Games and Gaming #36: The Wide World of Online Role Playing Games

Well I guess I am going to find out about Runescape sooner than I thought. I was going to add it to my list of things to do for summer but alas it's our next exercise!

1) Again the 15 minutes is a joke as I could easily spend a great deal more time exploring Runescape. It took me 15 minutes to decide on a user name. I started with the tutorial and I have not that it is not easy to learn how to get around. I've been looking for the gate for some time now.

2) MyRunescape character screenshot is included in this post.

As far as World of Warcraft goes I am immediately turned off by the name of the game so I was glad that we didn't have to invest any time exploring the game. And as far as earning points for completing chores (Chore Wars) I am better off completing chores at home and enjoying the benefits of a happy family than accumlating points that buy me nothing. Second Life? is that for those that are not so successful in their first life they want to master a second one? or maybe the opposite?

No comments: