Monday, September 10, 2007

Lifelong Learning

Today was the first day of the iHCPL Learning Experience and today's exercise was to view the tutorial and note which learning habits are easiest and which are hardest in your personal experience. Easiest: Motivating myself, setting goals and organizing Hardest: Thinking positive and giving myself credit. Added Go Put Your Strengths to Work by Marcus Buckingham and Getting Things Done by David Allen to my list of things to read as well as checking out Google's online calendar and Webmail's calendar on my list of things to do. I like to learn new things so I can help others. Better relationships both increased number of and increase the quality of existing relationships is what I hope to achieve through learning. I am a very goal oriented person so setting goals is something I do for myself often and in the past they have included small goals like reading an entire years Bluebonnet book list to bigger goals like getting my master's degree. Left to do yet from today's exercise is to view the tutorial again on Harriet as I'd like to hear sound and see animation and print out and sign learning habits contract which will have to be done from the library since it is on the intranet.

No comments: