Monday, April 26, 2010

The Web According to Google #87: Google Reader


I took the tour and then the first thing I did was import my subscriptions from Bloglines. It was very easy to do but I did not like that instead of only importing my subscriptions from Bloglines, Google Reader automatically added "staff picks" to my list of subscriptions. I don't like it when things are automatically added to something without asking me. I had to find them all (no, they were not grouped together) and "unsubscribe" them.
I like how in Bloglines once you read the new blog entries for each of your feeds, they no longer appear. In Google Reader, even if the entries have been read they still appear and the more you scroll down the longer the list becomes. I liked the blank screen. I liked the sense of accomplishment. If I want to see all entries in a blog, I'd go to the blog.
Some of my feeds include: Harris County Public Library (of course), other iHCPL'ers blogs, The Book Case and Points of Reference.

No comments: