Monday, September 22, 2008

#43 Buying and Selling online

I have used eBay as a buyer as well as a seller and it is pretty user friendly when searching for items to buy and getting an item listed to sell. I have never had a problem with a seller or a buyer not fulfilling their promises.
I have also used Amazon as a buyer and a seller and when it comes to books, VHS and DVDs I prefere Amazon over eBay because there is no fee to list items unless they sell. eBay charges you whether or not the item sells.
I have also used Craigslist as both a buyer and a seller and for some items that would be difficult to ship it is the best because even when you sell your item you keep 100% of the money. I've listed one item on Craigslist at 11:00am on a Saturday and the item was paid for and picked up by 6:00pm the same day! It was very quick and easy.
I have never used Etsy or Half.com because so far all my needs have been met with Craigslist, Amazon and/or eBay.
I have a Paypal account which I have used to pay for things I've purchased but have not received payment in this manner. I don't use it regularly so the only problem I have with it is I always forget my password.

No comments: