Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Potluck #56: To Tweet or Not To Tweet...Twitter


I created a Twitter account back in iHCPL, the first generation, but I've never really found a use for it for others keeping up with me or me keeping up with others.


In browsing a couple of different Twitter profiles (news, fashion, celebrities) and read through a few updates. Do you think this is something you would adopt for personal use? Is there a particular topic you'd like to tweet about?


I have zero interest in keeping tabs on celebrities so Celebrity Tweet is something I would never follow. Entertainment Weekly's The Truth about Twitter says it best, "many celeb posts are either purely promotional ... or simply boring."


The 10 Traits of Highly Effective Twitter Users imho, are 10 traits of highly effective _____ (and you can fill in the blank with just about any word) but people comes to my mind.

2) I used the search feature to find tweets about one of my favorite things - Sonic Route 44 diet cranberry limeades! I found:



  • "I hate you Sonic for not Dieting my Route 44. Blergh." and I can totally relate I hate it when I ask for diet and it ends up not being diet that could throw someone into a diabetic coma!

3) Not really sure what the buzz is all about but for me I'm too busy living life to stop and get on a computer to twitter to let the anyone know what I am doing and my cell phone despite the $178.00 monthly bill associated with it is useless!

No comments: